BigDataCamp @PASS Business Analytics - April 10th, 2013
BigDataCamp is an unconference for users of Hadoop and related Big Data technologies to exchange ideas in an interactive & engaging format. Led by CloudCamp's Dave Nielsen, attendees are encouraged to share thoughts in open discussions with community-proposed topics, including Lightning Talks & Unconference Sessions.
Data engineers, enterprise architects, developers, analysts, data mining and business intelligence professionals are encouraged to attend and mix with other members of the community.
BigDataCamp takes place the afternoon before the PASS BA Conference. We invite all attendees and anyone else interested in Big Data to join us for a lively discussion, finger food, and a frosty beverage or two.
Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
301 East North Water Street
Convention Center Foyer (Room TBD)
Schedule: April 10th, 2013
4:00pm - Registration & Networking
4:30pm - Welcome, Thank-you & Introductions - Dave Nielsen
4:45pm - Lightning Talks - 5 minutes each
- "Why Hadoop for Data Science" by Ofer Mendelevitch of Hortonworks
- "Monetizing Big Data - Why Outliers Matter" by Krish Krishnan of Sixth Sense Advisors
- "Halo 4 and the Flood of Big Data" by Denny Lee of Microsoft
5:15pm - Organize Unconference
- "Intro to Hadoop" by Krish Krishnan
- "Data Careers Panel" facilitated by Melissa Demsak
- "Where does web log analysis end and Big Data begin?" by Sean McMahon of Splunk
- "Using Hadoop as a staging environment for a data warehouse." Stephen Lloyd (Some examples are: center around cutting storage and performance costs associated with storing staging data in a SAN or other costly environment.
- "Business Value From Big Data" by Krish Krishnan
5:30pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 1
6:15pm - Breakout Sessions - Round 2
6:45pm - Wrap Up (1 minute summary of each session)
7:00pm - Food & Drinks in the Expo Hall
Follow us at http://twitter.com/bigdatacamp
Register for PASS BA Conference. Enter Discount Code BACBDC for $250 off registration (Enter BACBDC on 2nd page after entering email address).
Tag Cloud (based on topics proposed during registration):
access alternatives analysis analytics architecture aws based batch best business case cloud computing data distributed exists file financial flume full future getting going graphs hadoop hdfs important language learning management map-reduce mining models nlp nosql practices predictive processing real-time report social solutions storage structured system text used visualization wants web
Possible Discussion Topics
|Schemaless versus Schema strategies employed for the CMO to integrate with the COO to make a CFO happy.|
|Hadoop as DW Staging environment|
|Where will Big Data be in 2 years?|
|Mining data and why one method is better than another.|
|What are the seacurity issues in using Big Data in government agencies?|
|Use cases for combining structured and unstructured (content) data|
|The development steps for a Big Data project|
|Future of Hadoop|
|Tools, Frameworks, and Best Practices.|
|Integration with existing prevalent BI technologies.|
|Migration to blended environments (traditional relational/OLAP) plus big data/unstructured|